What to do and see in Copenhagen
You can find information on what to do and see in Copenhagen
And we are sure you can find things that are interesting to you:
- Wine and dine
Please follow this link provided by VisitCopenhagen and have a look at the many options.
Ørestad City - the local area
The conference venue is situated in Ørestad City. Ørestad is down town Scandinavia - less than 10 minutes away from historic Copenhagen. Scandinavia´s main airport and the Fixed Link to Sweden are equally close by. Ørestad is the geographic centre of the Øresund Region and a gateway to Copenhagen because of its exceptional traffic connections.
You can find more information about Ørestad here. It is worth taking time to go for a run or walk in the common area Amager Fælled, just across the road.
If you are interested in architecture and city-planning you will find yourself in the middle of it. The whole area has been developed over the past 10 years, and it has even caught the interest of New York Times.
Art and culture is also just around the corner. On the back wall of the conference center you will find the largest piece of street art in Copenhagen by the Spanish artist Hyuro. Walk along the 271 m long piece of art which was recently finished in May. It is a poetic, unique and beautiful work of art that exploits length of the wall to create a coherent movement. Hyuro tells a story that fits the environment in Ørestad: A stag, moving from light into the unknown, contributing to a moment of wonder and meditation in daily life for passers-by car, metro or bicycle. The Danish Radio Concert Centre, Koncerthuset, is two stops away by Metro. It is worth a visit even if you are only interested in the building and architecture, designed by renowned French architect Jean Nouvel.
- Ørestad will be developed continuously over the next 20 years
- Ørestad covers an area of more than five kilometres from the border of the City of Copenhagen to the Kalvebod Fælled nature reserve
- The width of Ørestad is approx. 600 metres
- The area of Ørestad totals 3.1 million square metres (3.7 million square yards)
- One third of Ørestad’s area consists of parks and green areas
- 60,000 - 80,000 people will be working in Ørestad
- At least 20,000 people will be living in Ørestad
- Almost 20,000 people are already studying in Ørestad
- There are six Metro stations in Ørestad
- 10 minutes from Ørestad City to Kongens Nytorv by Metro
- 29 minutes from Ørestad Station to Malmø Central station in Sweden by regional train
- Examples of businesses already located in Ørestad: DR – Danish Broadcasting Corporation, Ferring Pharmaceuticals, DELL, Medicon Valley Academy, UCB Pharma Nordics, Medtronic, Master Food, Nikon, Biogen, Accenture, GlaxoSmithKline, Novo Nordisk Scandinavia